When it comes to blue exterior paint colors, there are numerous options to choose from, ranging from light and soothing shades to bold and vibrant hues.
Here are some popular blue paint colors that can enhance the exterior of a house:
- Sky Blue: A light and airy shade of blue that mimics the color of the clear sky. It can create a fresh and inviting look.
- Navy Blue: A deep, rich blue color that adds a sense of sophistication and elegance to the exterior. It pairs well with white or cream trim.
- Powder Blue: A soft, muted blue with a hint of gray. It offers a subtle and calming appearance.
- Teal Blue: A vibrant and energetic blue-green color that can create a bold statement. It works well with both modern and traditional architectural styles.
- Cobalt Blue: A bright and intense shade of blue that stands out and catches attention. It works particularly well for accent elements or front doors.
- Slate Blue: A medium to dark blue with a touch of gray, resembling the color of slate. It offers a sophisticated and timeless look.
- Baby Blue: A pale and delicate blue shade that can evoke a sense of nostalgia and charm. It works well for vintage or cottage-style homes.
- Aqua Blue: A refreshing and tropical shade of blue that adds a playful and lively touch to the exterior. It pairs well with white or beige accents.
how to make dark blue exterior paint with food coloring
Creating a dark blue exterior paint using food coloring is not recommended. Food coloring is primarily intended for culinary purposes and is not formulated for use in paints or exterior applications. It may not provide the desired color intensity, durability, or weather resistance needed for outdoor surfaces.
If you're looking to paint the exterior of your house, it's best to use high-quality exterior paint products specifically designed for this purpose. These paints are formulated to withstand the elements, provide long-lasting protection, and offer a wide range of color options, including dark blue shades.
To achieve a dark blue exterior paint color, it's advisable to visit a local paint store or home improvement center. They typically have a color-matching service where you can bring a sample of the desired color or specify the shade you're looking for. The professionals can help you find the closest match from their available paint swatches or even create a custom color for you.
Using proper exterior paint products ensures a more durable and satisfactory result, making your paint job last longer and withstand the outdoor conditions effectively.
what exterior paint color goes best with medium blue
When choosing an exterior paint color to complement medium blue, there are several options that can create a harmonious and balanced look. Consider the following color schemes:
- White: A classic choice that provides a clean and crisp contrast to medium blue. It can make the blue stand out and create a fresh and timeless appearance.
- Gray: Various shades of gray can complement medium blue beautifully. Light gray can create a subtle and sophisticated look, while dark gray can offer a more dramatic and modern feel.
- Cream or Beige: These warm neutral colors can create a soft and inviting combination with medium blue. They provide a gentle contrast and add warmth to the overall exterior.
- Light Yellow: A pale or soft yellow can create a cheerful and sunny pairing with medium blue. It can evoke a coastal or beachy vibe and add a touch of brightness to the exterior.
- Light Green: Soft shades of green, such as sage or mint, can work well with medium blue. The combination can create a calming and nature-inspired color scheme.
- Tan or Taupe: These earthy tones can create a warm and inviting contrast to medium blue. They can add depth and richness to the overall color palette.
sherwin williams blue grey exterior house paint colors
Sherwin Williams offers a variety of blue-gray exterior house paint colors that can enhance the beauty of your home's exterior. Here are a few popular options:
- "Repose Gray" (SW 7015): This is a versatile and popular greige (gray-beige) color that has a hint of blue. It creates a sophisticated and neutral look that works well with different architectural styles.
- "Passive" (SW 7064): This soft blue-gray shade has a tranquil and calming effect. It adds a touch of serenity to the exterior and pairs well with white or off-white trim.
- "Rock Candy" (SW 6231): This is a light and airy blue-gray color that creates a cool and refreshing appearance. It works well for coastal or cottage-style homes.
- "Frosty" (SW 6196): A pale blue-gray with cool undertones, this color brings a subtle touch of elegance to the exterior. It complements both modern and traditional architectural styles.
- "Storm Cloud" (SW 6249): This deep and moody blue-gray color adds depth and drama to the exterior. It works well as an accent color or for a statement front door.
- "Earl Gray" (SW 7660): A medium-toned blue-gray color that strikes a balance between warmth and coolness. It creates a timeless and inviting look.
Remember, when choosing a paint color, it's essential to consider the architectural style of your home, the surroundings, and your personal preferences. It's also a good idea to obtain physical paint swatches or samples and test them on your exterior to see how they look in different lighting conditions before making a final decision.