Choosing exterior paint colors for houses can be an exciting but challenging task. The right color scheme can enhance your home's curb appeal and reflect your personal style.
Here are some popular exterior paint color ideas to consider:
- Classic White: A timeless choice that exudes elegance and simplicity. White can create a clean and fresh look, making your house stand out in any neighborhood.
- Neutral Gray: Gray tones are versatile and can work well with various architectural styles. Light or medium shades of gray provide a sophisticated and modern appearance.
- Coastal Blue: If you're looking for a coastal or beachy vibe, shades of blue, such as aqua or sky blue, can evoke a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- Earthy Tones: Colors inspired by nature, like warm browns, muted greens, or terracotta, can create a harmonious blend with the surroundings and give your home an inviting feel.
- Vibrant Red: For a bold and striking statement, consider a vibrant red color. It works particularly well for traditional or colonial-style houses, adding a sense of grandeur.
- Soft Pastels: Soft pastel shades, like pale pink, light yellow, or mint green, can bring a touch of charm and whimsy to your home's exterior, ideal for cottages or Victorian-style houses.
- Modern Black: Black or dark charcoal shades can give your home a contemporary and sophisticated look. Pair it with contrasting white trims for a dramatic effect.
- Warm Beige: A warm beige color can provide a cozy and inviting atmosphere. It works well with various architectural styles and blends seamlessly with natural surroundings.
Remember, when choosing exterior paint colors, consider factors like your home's architecture, surrounding environment, and any homeowners' association regulations. It's also helpful to test paint samples on different parts of your home to see how they look in different lighting conditions before making a final decision.
sherwin williams exterior paint colors
Sherwin-Williams is a well-known paint company that offers a wide range of exterior paint colors. Here are some popular Sherwin-Williams exterior paint colors:
- Agreeable Gray (SW 7029): A versatile and neutral greige (a blend of gray and beige) that works well with many architectural styles.
- Repose Gray (SW 7015): A warm gray with slight undertones of beige, creating a soft and inviting look.
- Naval (SW 6244): A deep navy blue that adds a bold and sophisticated touch to any home exterior.
- Alabaster (SW 7008): A classic white color that provides a clean and timeless appearance.
- Accessible Beige (SW 7036): A warm and welcoming beige with a hint of gray, perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere.
- Tricorn Black (SW 6258): A rich and deep black color that adds a modern and dramatic effect to your home's exterior.
- Urbane Bronze (SW 7048): A dark, earthy brown with warm undertones, ideal for creating a rustic and inviting look.
- Sea Salt (SW 6204): A soothing and airy green-gray color that evokes a coastal or beach-inspired vibe.
These are just a few examples of Sherwin-Williams exterior paint colors. It's always a good idea to visit a Sherwin-Williams store or their website to explore their extensive color palette and get paint samples to test on your home's exterior before making a final decision.
exterior brick paint color ideas
Painting exterior brick can be a great way to update the look of your home. Here are some exterior brick paint color ideas to consider:
- White or Off-White: Painting your brick white or off-white can create a fresh and clean look. It's a classic choice that works well with various architectural styles.
- Light Gray: Light gray is a popular option for painting brick exteriors. It provides a modern and sophisticated appearance while still maintaining some warmth.
- Cream or Beige: Cream or beige tones can give your home a warm and inviting feel. These colors blend well with natural surroundings and complement a range of architectural styles.
- Charcoal Gray: If you prefer a darker and more dramatic look, consider painting your brick in a charcoal gray color. This can create a striking contrast and add a contemporary touch.
- Earthy Tones: Earthy colors, such as warm browns or terracotta, can enhance the natural beauty of brick. These colors can create a rustic and charming look that blends harmoniously with the surroundings.
- Sage Green: For a unique and nature-inspired look, consider a soft sage green color. It can give your home a fresh and organic appearance.
- Navy Blue: Painting your brick in a deep navy blue can create a bold and statement-making exterior. This color choice works well for both traditional and modern homes.
When selecting a paint color for your brick, it's important to consider the architectural style of your home, the surrounding environment, and any neighborhood or homeowners' association regulations. Additionally, it's recommended to test paint samples on a small area of your brick to ensure you're happy with the final result before committing to a full paint job.
behr exterior paint colors
Behr is another well-known paint brand that offers a wide range of exterior paint colors. Here are some popular Behr exterior paint colors:
- Swiss Coffee (PWN-25): A creamy off-white color that provides a clean and timeless look.
- Gray Area (N520-4): A medium gray shade that works well for creating a modern and sophisticated exterior.
- Toasty Gray (N320-2): A warm gray with hints of beige, perfect for adding a cozy and inviting touch to your home's exterior.
- Eider White (BWC-24): A soft and versatile white with subtle gray undertones, creating a serene and elegant appearance.
- Vintage Teal (S430-4): A rich teal color that adds a pop of vibrancy and uniqueness to any exterior.
- Olive Grove (P390-7): A deep, earthy green with olive undertones, ideal for creating a natural and organic look.
- Black (PPU18-01): A classic and bold black color that adds a dramatic and contemporary touch to your home's exterior.
- Adobe Sand (PMD-53): A warm and sandy beige color that complements various architectural styles and creates a welcoming atmosphere.
Remember to visit a Behr store or their website to explore their extensive color palette and get paint samples to test on your home's exterior before making a final decision.
farmhouse exterior paint colors
Farmhouse-style exteriors often feature a combination of warm, earthy, and neutral colors that evoke a cozy and rustic feel. Here are some popular farmhouse exterior paint colors to consider:
- Creamy White: A classic choice for farmhouse exteriors, creamy white colors provide a clean and timeless look. Consider shades like "Antique White" or "Ivory".
- Soft Gray: Light or medium gray tones work well for farmhouse exteriors, offering a modern yet rustic appearance. Look for shades like "Gray Owl" or "Repose Gray".
- Weathered Blue: Soft blue colors reminiscent of a weathered look can add a touch of charm and tranquility to farmhouse exteriors. Consider shades like "Sea Salt" or "Palladian Blue".
- Sage Green: Earthy green tones, such as sage or muted olive, can give a farmhouse exterior a natural and vintage-inspired vibe. Consider shades like "Clary Sage" or "Softened Green".
- Warm Beige: A warm beige color can create a cozy and inviting farmhouse exterior. Look for shades like "Accessible Beige" or "Nomadic Desert".
- Barn Red: For a pop of boldness and a traditional farmhouse look, consider a rich red color. Look for shades like "Barn Red" or "Country Redwood".
- Charcoal Gray: Dark gray or charcoal shades can add a modern and sophisticated touch to a farmhouse exterior. Consider shades like "Iron Ore" or "Peppercorn".
Remember, farmhouse exteriors often incorporate a combination of colors, such as using a main color for the siding and a contrasting color for the trim and accents. It's also a good idea to consider the surrounding landscape, architectural details, and any neighborhood guidelines when choosing your farmhouse exterior paint colors.